Guernsey Girl

Welcome to my blog! I am Erica Bodman from Guernsey, 25 years old. I started rowing in 2008, retired in 2013.

Life goes on. This is my story.

Saturday 27 November 2010

2k Ergo test

So, today was the day of reckoning...2km ergo tests all round. Lucky us!  We must submit a 2km ergo test to GB Rowing for the December trials so Reading University Boat Club hosted a BUCS ergo event at the University Sports Park.

Cut to the chase, my time came around and I got on the ergo and completed the 2km.  I didn't really feel settled, probably because I was a bit high on the rate (strokes per minute) but I suitably destroyed my legs and lungs to pull a personal best by 0.2 seconds, a time of 6m59.4s.  All going in the right direction!

Aside from ergo tests, it has been getting colder and colder recently.  It has been -3 degrees C some mornings, which makes it pretty chilly on the river. Lots of layers, hats, neck warmers, pogies make it slightly more bearable but I'm certainly not a fan of the cold. Does make for some pretty stunning scenes first thing in the morning though.  Looking forward to a solid three weeks of training now before the December trials in Boston, Lincs the week before Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erica,
    Bit chilly then!!
    Well done on the Ergo test.Bet you are glad that is behing you.Good luck in the run up to Xmas.Just think of that lovely Turkey and roast potatoes you can tuck into over Xmas.
    Best Wishes,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete