Guernsey Girl

Welcome to my blog! I am Erica Bodman from Guernsey, 25 years old. I started rowing in 2008, retired in 2013.

Life goes on. This is my story.

Monday 18 April 2011

Final Trials

Bad timing struck this weekend as I came down with a nasty cold on Thursday.  Despite not training on Friday to try and accelerate my recovery, I was pulled out of racing on saturday morning by the GB team doctors.  It has been very frustrating, but I am looking towards next week when we have some crew boat testing for possible European Championship boats.  I'm currently working hard on the rest and recovery, in order to get me back to training as soon as possible.  I am sleeping 12 hours a night and seem to be doing my best to keep Strepsils in business!

Congratulations to everyone who got to race at GB Trials or the London Marathon this weekend.  Marathon wise there were notable performances from Lee Merrien - first Briton (14th), Paolo Natali - (24th), Nikki Bartlett 3h03 - her first marathon!!


Lots of love to all my family, close and extended, out in Oregon... sorry I can't be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment