Guernsey Girl

Welcome to my blog! I am Erica Bodman from Guernsey, 25 years old. I started rowing in 2008, retired in 2013.

Life goes on. This is my story.

Thursday 8 November 2012

Fullers Head of the River Fours

So, it is that time of year again for Fours Head, a brilliant head race in London.  Race day is Sat 10th November, start time of the event: 12.15pm. 

The race starts at Chiswick and finish at Putney (reverse Boat Race course). All boats have four rowers in, so we have quadruple sculls, coxless fours and coxed fours. There are 480 boats due to race so the river will be very busy! Best viewing spots are on Hammersmith Bridge and Putney embankment.  My boat is going off number 43.

I am racing women's elite quads for Leander with (from stroke to bow) Victoria Thornley, Katie Greves, myself and Ro Bradbury.  All these girls have experience racing the quad for Great Britain, at senior World Cup or World Championship level, so I am in the best possible company and looking forward to a great race on Saturday!


Crews rowing up to marshall at a past Fours Head


No comments:

Post a Comment