Guernsey Girl

Welcome to my blog! I am Erica Bodman from Guernsey, 25 years old. I started rowing in 2008, retired in 2013.

Life goes on. This is my story.

Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy New Year!

It seems that somehow, once again another year is past and 2011 is upon us.  With 2010 being such a successful year for me I can only hope for more of the same this coming year.  I am back in Caversham now, but had a lovely few days at home in Guernsey.  I made the most of the generosity of Colin Fallaize at the Fitness Factory gym by training hard, whilst still enjoying being at home, having my washing done and dinner cooked for me!

I recently found out that I have been nominated for the Sir John Loveridge trophy at the Guernsey Sports Commission awards later this month, which was a lovely suprise and honour.  Unfortunately I will still be on training camp on Caversham so my parents will have to represent me.  I am excited about my upcoming training camp though, it is at Caversham lake, the GB squad training centre and it is a select group of four girls; the top four women outside of the GB senior team.  AND Miles Forbes-Thomas, coach of the GB women's eight will be coaching us for the camp 4th - 22nd January.

Last but not least, we are very excited in our house at the moment because we are going to get a kitten!!

Photos to follow :)

Happy New Year everyone, and all the best for 2011

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment