Guernsey Girl

Welcome to my blog! I am Erica Bodman from Guernsey, 25 years old. I started rowing in 2008, retired in 2013.

Life goes on. This is my story.

Sunday 19 December 2010

Ergo pain

Yesterday the snow and frozen river granted me the pleasure of staying in Caversham for the weekend instead of driving to Lincolnshire and back.  I did however have to do a 5k rate capped ergo test in lieu of this.  Now, ergo's are nobody's friend but the 5k is surely not mine!  This was marginally better than the last 5k I did in January, but I'll have another couple of 5k's to do in January 2011 so am hoping to make further improvements.


On a separate note, the snow has finally hit us in Reading just in time for my day off today so my housemate and I were housebound all day.  We stayed in our PJ's, held a 4 hour marathon Monopoly session, watched a three hour film and sports personality of the year. 

Unfortunately the Monopoly game was not as enjoyable as I remembered it; nostalgia clouds the mind.  When you play with someone who is just as competitive as you it all gets a bit uncomfortable! After half an hour my housemate was winning by a mile and to keep me playing she bought me out of my properties and gave me money that I would shortly give right back to her. 

However, somehow after maintaining my hold on one set of properties and starting to build, the tables started to turn.  Four hours after starting the game she finally surrendered and I started to count my £60+m. Perseverance wins the day!


The playing of board games seems inextricably linked with Christmas and I can't wait to get home.  Having watched the travel disruptions of the past couple days I have my fingers firmly crossed that I get home safely and before the 25th! 

Merry Christmas all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment