Guernsey Girl

Welcome to my blog! I am Erica Bodman from Guernsey, 25 years old. I started rowing in 2008, retired in 2013.

Life goes on. This is my story.

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Upcoming Racing

Tomorrow I fly to Amsterdam! I kick off the summer racing season with the Holland Beker regatta in Amsterdam racing the double with Tina Stiller. 

The Bosbaan in Amsterdam

We are racing both Saturday and Sunday, currently set to be straight finals both days with  three entries on Saturday and six on Sunday.  This is our first multi lane racing of the season, something which will only be repeated if we get selected for the European Championships in September. 

Next week Tina and I will be joined in a quad by Sarah Cowburn and Rachel Gamble-Flint (the GB U23 double from 2011) and we will be racing at Henley Women's Regatta, and then two weeks later Henley Royal regatta. Tina and I will be doubling up with the quad and the double at Henley Women's, but only racing the quad at Henley Royal because there is no women's doubles event at Henley Royal.

This weekend in Amsterdam we will be facing some stiff international competition, rumoured to be the Czech national heavy and lightweight doubles and potentially a Swedish double.  We will be trying out the two different combinations of racing, on Saturday I will be at bow in the boat and on Sunday I will be at stroke in the boat. I am really excited for the weekend, looking forward to getting side by side with some fast crews and testing ourselves against them.

I will let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment