Guernsey Girl

Welcome to my blog! I am Erica Bodman from Guernsey, 25 years old. I started rowing in 2008, retired in 2013.

Life goes on. This is my story.

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Canberra to Penrith, Australia

So it is our last morning in Canberra, we are shortly to board the coach and head to Penrith where the racing starts. Whilst in Canberra we have been staying at the Australian National University and using their training facilities which has been great. Delicious food, friendly people, lots of space and amazing weather has made for an unforgettable stay. Lake Burley Griffin has treated us well for the most part and we happily coincided our visit with Canberra's 100 year celebrations so we have seen lots of fireworks!


As a spare I have been in and out of the women's eight which has been great fun for me and I've been learning lots from them. Unfortunately we had one sickness which has meant an athlete being pulled from racing, but a positive for other spare Zoe Lee as she will now be racing. I'm looking forward to seeing a World Cup first hand an getting a real feel for the event, but I know already that it will be hard to be on the sidelines and not in the thick of it.


I believe that the BBC is showing the World Cup on Sunday after the Formula One.  I'm looking forward to watching this new and exciting young GB Rowing Team compete against the rest of the world this weekend. Keep updated with the GB Rowing website, I think my Internet access will be limited in Penrith.

G'Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment