Guernsey Girl

Welcome to my blog! I am Erica Bodman from Guernsey, 25 years old. I started rowing in 2008, retired in 2013.

Life goes on. This is my story.

Wednesday 6 March 2013

G'day from Down Under!!

Through bleary, half open, jet lagged eyes I am greeting you from sunny Sydney!  I am here with the GB Rowing Team for the first World Cup in Sydney 22-24th March. I was given a late opportunity and selected as one of the spares (one of two female spares) so am not sure whether we will get to race the at World Cup yet, either as a spares boat or in the seat of an ill or injured athlete. Land training and acclimatisation in Sydney is followed by training camp in Canberra, and finally racing is in Penrith for the World Cup.

Today, hot off a very long couple of flights with only a short stop off in Singapore, we headed downtown to stretch our legs and take in some of the sights. I would put some photos up but having to do this on my phone whilst I'm out here, I've not figured out how to do that yet.  Take a look at my twitter for more updates and photos! Twitter.com/ericabodman


No comments:

Post a Comment